Terms & Conditions
By hiring Shepard Painting Solutions you agree to the terms & conditions below:
Shepard Painting Solutions agrees to furnish the labor, materials, and supplies necessary to perform the services per the terms and conditions in this Contract. Upon completion of the services, Shepard Painting Solutions will remove all materials, supplies, and other debris. Any leftover or “touchup” paint or product will be labeled and left onsite for the client’s convenience.
The Client hereby agrees to engage Shepard Painting Solutions to provide the services outlined in the estimate. It is understood that a 50% deposit of the job’s total price must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the agreed start date of the job. The remaining balance must then be paid on the day the job is completed.
Any changes to services, whether added or subtracted from the estimate, must be agreed on by both parties.
In the event that the Client wishes to terminate this agreement after acceptance, a cancellation notice must be provided via email at least 2 weeks prior to the set start date of the job. Cancellations within two weeks of the set start date of the job are subject to a 10% “last minute cancellation” fee.
Once color choices are submitted, product(s) will then be procured by Shepard Painting Solutions. If color choices are altered by Client after said submission time there will be an additional fee to procure new product(s).
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
- All paint, product & labor included.
- The term “Prep” includes any necessary scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, spackling, repairs, priming, or the like, to achieve a sound substrate for product application and a smooth finished surface.
- All areas will receive two coats of finish product unless otherwise noted.
- Shepard Painting Solutions is not required to perform any tasks not specified in the estimate.
INTERIOR – Prep, Daily Set-up, and Clean-up:
- Shepard Painting Solutions will cover all floors and furniture(if applicable) in the designated work areas prior to painting.
- All areas will be “prepped” to the specification outlined in the estimate
- Small holes will be patched and any cracks will be filled before painting.
- Glossy surfaces will be cleaned and/or sanded/de-glossed before painting.
- Daily clean-up of all areas we are working in, crew will organize and cover all painting materials daily before going home. Upon final completion we will ensure areas are free from job related debris.
INTERIOR – Final Walkthrough:
- Job lead will perform a final walkthrough upon completion of the project to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and address any final questions or concerns.
EXTERIOR – Prep, Daily Set-up, and Clean-up:
- Shepard Painting Solutions will cover all necessary areas prior to painting.
- All areas will be “prepped” to the specification outlined in the estimate
- All surfaces will be scraped/sanded to remove any peeling paint.
- Primer will be applied where applicable.
- Any cracks or holes will be filled with premium expandable caulking prior to painting.
- Daily clean-up of all areas we are working on, painting crew will organize and store any large equipment (ladders, etc.) in an inconspicuous area. All other job related equipment and materials will be removed from the job site daily. Upon final completion we will ensure areas are free from job related debris.
EXTERIOR – Final Walk Around:
- Job lead will perform a final walk around upon completion of the project to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and address any final questions or concerns.
2. PAINT, MATERIALS, COLORS
- The estimate provided by Shepard Painting Solutions includes the cost for paint and other materials.
- Customers must choose colors at least two weeks prior to the project start date. Additional charges may apply if the customer changes colors after work begins.
- All surfaces will receive two (2) coats of paint (unless stated otherwise on the estimate).
- Please Note: Some colors are inherently less opaque and may require more than two coats to achieve a satisfactory and uniform appearance. If these colors are selected, customers will be notified of any additional cost at the time of color selection.
3. PAINTING SCHEDULE
- Customers will be notified of the project start date at least two weeks in advance. If the customer needs to reschedule, additional charges may apply.
4. UNFORESEEN WORK & WEATHER CONDITIONS
- If any unforeseen repairs arise, the customer will be notified, and an additional work order will be written up for the customer to sign for, or decline.
- FOR EXTERIOR JOBS: If any unforeseen or inclement weather occurs during your scheduled job which could affect the potential application or warranty of the product(s), the job will be postponed to the next/soonest non-inclement working day.
- FOR INTERIOR JOBS: If any unforeseen or inclement weather occurs during your scheduled job which renders travel “dangerous” to or from the job site, the job will be postponed to the next/soonest non-inclement working day.
5. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY – INTERIOR
- Work areas should be clean and free of clutter.
- Remove all pictures and/or hanging decorations from the walls. If your pictures and/or hanging decorations are going back up after the paint job, leave the nail or hook in place and we paint around it. If you are not putting the picture or decoration back up, please pull the nail or hook out of the wall and we will patch the holes prior to painting.
- Move all furniture at least 3 feet away from the walls.
- If possible, please clean any dirty or dusty walls, ceiling or trim work with a dry duster or rag (no chemicals).
- Must be available on the last day of the project for a thorough walk-through with the crew lead and to settle up any remaining balance due.
6. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY – EXTERIOR
- Work areas should be free of clutter.
- Remove any hanging decorations (wind chimes, decor, etc.) from the exterior of your home.
- Move all furniture, grills, lawn items, etc. at least 20 feet away from the exterior of your home.
- Suspend ALL YARD SERVICES for the duration of your scheduled paint job.
- Must be available on the last day of the project for a thorough walk-around with the crew lead and settle up any remaining balance due.
7. WORK STANDARD
- Shepard Painting Solutions is an A+ rated member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and follows all proper work & safety protocol. We pride ourselves in superior craftsmanship that exceeds industry standards.
- Painters will arrive on time and have a professional appearance.
- Painters remain committed to each job until the project is fully complete.
- Shepard Painting Solutions is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor operating in the state of Ohio. Please see our insurance information for details (available upon request).
- Shepard Painting Solutions warranty covers labor and materials for 10 years upon completion of the project
- This warranty excludes:
- Incidental damage caused by accident or abuse, normal wear and tear, temperature changes (hail, wind, snow, moisture etc.), and cracks caused by expansion.
- Painted or stained horizontal walking surfaces (deck surface, floors, or steps).
- The customer has the right to cancel the project within three days of acceptance. Please email to notify us of your cancellation. Cancellations within a two-week window of the set start date of the job are subject to a 10% “last minute cancellation” fee.
- By hiring Shepard Painting Solutions you are automatically agreeing to the terms, conditions, and client responsibilities outlined in this proposal, and you acknowledge that you have read and understand said terms.
12. DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- Customer must pay a 50% deposit of total estimate price at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of the job. Your estimator will reach out to you to schedule a convenient day and time to collect said deposit. The project cannot begin until the deposit is paid.
- Deposit may be waived on jobs equal to or less than 1 day of work.
- The remainder of the total balance must be paid on the day of completion of your project.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check (payable to: Shepard Painting Solutions), Debit or Credit Card (we do not charge fees for using a card), Cash (we do not offer discounts for cash payments).