Terms & Conditions
By hiring Shepard Painting Solutions you are agreeing to the terms & conditions below.
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
- Shepard Painting Solutions agrees to provide all services outlined in your quote.
- All paint, product & labor is included in your price and supplied solely by SPS.
- The term “Prep” includes any necessary scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, spackling, repairs, priming, or the like, to achieve a sound substrate for product application and a smooth finished surface.
- Shepard Painting Solutions is not required to perform any tasks not specified in your quote.
- Any changes to services, whether added to or subtracted from the quote, must be agreed on by both parties.
WALLS / CEILINGS / CABINETS / TRIM
- SPS requests that you move all items at least 3 feet away from the working surfaces prior to our arrival at the job start date.
- If you are not able to, we are happy to move furniture, TVs, window blinds, and other items, but are not at fault if any damage occurs during the process.
- We protect floors with clean drop cloths and/or temporary floor guard. We cover cabinets, countertops, furniture, and other misc. household items with new plastic. We do this to protect all surfaces during the painting process.
- We move appliances out to paint behind them. Although we take great care during this process – we are not responsible for any damage the appliance inflicts upon the flooring. We are also not at fault for any subsequent water leaks from any water lines.
- We will move washers and dryers out just far enough to paint around. We do not disconnect wires, vents, or water lines.
- We use a professional grade, low tack, painter’s tape (and paper) to protect floors, trim, cabinets and other surfaces. Damage to these surfaces from low tack painter’s tape is a sign of a failed finish and not the liability of SPS.
- Minor defects in the walls and ceilings are patched and sanded.
- Major repairs will be outlined in your quote with independent pricing.
- We patch all nail and screw holes. If a nail, screw or picture hanger is present at the time of painting we will paint around it.
- When painting doors we will most likely need to remove the door handle, knob, and hardware. We will do so very carefully and also reassemble it once the door is dry. SPS is not responsible for any present damage or “non working” elements of the door latching system once re-installed.
- Painting any surface adds a film thickness to the substrate. It should be noted that painting doors that fit tightly in their frames already may not close properly after painting – due to the film thickness of the coating. SPS is not at fault for any doors that do not close properly after painting.
- Cabinet drawers must be fully emptied and all countertops cleared prior to the start of your cabinet painting project. Items behind cabinet doors may be left in place but will be inaccessible for the duration of the project.
- If the insides of the cabinets are being coated then ALL items must be removed.
- All alterations to the kitchen must be made prior to the start of the project – specifically changing of hinges, hardware, or countertops.
- Depending on your particular project we may need to utilize your entire garage for the cabinet work process. If so, we will protect all surfaces in your garage with new plastic and floor coverings.
- Depending on your particular cabinet project we may need to completely isolate your kitchen from the rest of the house to control dust and paint overspray. If so, your kitchen may be inaccessible for the duration of the job.
- We do not caulk floating panels on cabinet doors. They are meant to move independently.
- Any wood grain present on cabinets or trim will be minimized by our coating process but not guaranteed to be completely gone upon finish.
- Walls may need to be painted after kitchen cabinet coating. If so, it will be considered a separate job with separate pricing, based on client approval.
- We will utilize a combination of brush, roll, and spray methods to apply coatings.
- Upon completion of the services, Shepard Painting Solutions will remove all materials, supplies, and other debris or trash.
TRIM / SIDING / DOORS & GARAGE DOORS / SHUTTERS / DECKS / PATIOS
- SPS requests that you move all items at least 20 feet away from the exterior working surfaces prior to our arrival at the job start date.
- If you are not able to, we are happy to move your exterior furniture, grills, decorations, etc. but are not at fault if any damage occurs during the process.
- Client must suspend all yard services for the entire duration of time we are working on your exterior.
- We will protect your walkways, concrete, driveways, patios, decks, plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. with drop cloths when painting near those areas.
- We use a professional grade, low tack, painter’s tape (and paper or plastic) to protect exterior surfaces we do not want to get paint on. Damage to these surfaces from low tack painter’s tape is a sign of a failed finish and not the liability of SPS.
- We require the use of at least one working electrical receptacle.
- We require the use of one working water spigot to hook up our hoses for end of day clean up.
- Although our clean out will be 90% water, there may be some residual discoloration of the grass or dirt in the area where we wash out our tools, paint sprayers, brushes, rollers, etc. This residue is not harmful to your grass or the environment and will likely wash away the next time it rains, or as the grass grows.
- Shutters will be removed (if possible) to be coated. A tarp will be laid out in your yard to protect your grass from overspray. Some residual overspray may occur but it will not be harmful to the grass and will wash away the next time it rains or as the grass grows. The tarp will be removed within a few hours to make certain your grass is not suffocated.
- Unless otherwise specified, all doors and garage doors will be sanded & cleaned prior to painting.
- If your exterior job needs to be power washed prior to coating this will be indicated on your quote. If it is not listed on your quote then power washing was not a required part of the prep process to complete your job.
- Power washing will be arranged to be completed 1 – 2 weeks prior to scheduled painting.
- All vinyl siding will be coated with “vinyl safe” paint. Certain colors cannot be used.
- All areas will be “prepped” to the specification outlined in the quote
- All surfaces will be scraped/sanded to remove any peeling paint.
- Primer will be applied where applicable.
- Any cracks or holes will be filled with premium expandable caulking prior to painting.
- SPS will perform a daily clean-up of all areas we are working on.
- SPS will organize and store any large equipment (ladders, etc.) in an inconspicuous area. All other job related equipment and materials will be removed from the job site daily.
- Upon final completion we will clear all areas from job related debris and haul away all trash.
- We will utilize a combination of brush, roll, and spray methods to apply coatings.
2. PAINT, COATINGS, COLORS, SHEENS
- Our quotes include the cost for all paint and materials.
- Once color choices are submitted, products will then be procured by Shepard Painting Solutions. If color choices are altered by the client after said submission time there will be an additional charge to procure new product.
- Customers must submit color choices at least two weeks prior to the project start date.
- Unless a color is specified, interior ceilings will be painted with SW 7006 “Extra White”
- Unless otherwise specified, 2 topcoats will be applied to all walls, 1 topcoat to all ceilings, 1 – 3 topcoats on trim work.
- All exterior surfaces will receive at least two (2) coats of paint (unless stated otherwise on the quote).
- For interior: Unless otherwise specified, a satin finish will be used on all walls and a flat finish will be used on all ceilings.
- For Exterior: Unless otherwise specified, a satin finish will be used on all exterior elements.
- Our pricing includes “coat to coverage” service. This means that even if additional coatings are required beyond the scope of what was quoted, we will do so at no additional charge to you.
- Any leftover product or “touchup” paint will be labeled and left onsite for the client’s convenience.
3. PAINTING SCHEDULE
- Our working days are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Your project start date will be agreed upon by both parties.
- We take great pride in keeping our schedules locked in, on time, and running smoothly. However, sometimes rescheduling is unavoidable, due to weather, or unforeseen circumstances.
- If rescheduling is unavoidable we will do our best to keep the inconvenience to a minimum.
4. UNFORESEEN WEATHER CONDITIONS
- FOR EXTERIOR JOBS: If any unforeseen or inclement weather occurs during your scheduled job which could affect the potential application or warranty of the product(s), the job will be postponed to the next/soonest non-inclement working day.
- FOR INTERIOR JOBS: If any unforeseen or inclement weather occurs during your scheduled job which renders travel “dangerous” to or from the job site, the job will be postponed to the next/soonest non-inclement working day.
5. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY – INTERIOR
- Work areas should be clean and free of clutter.
- Remove all pictures and/or hanging decorations from the walls. If your pictures and/or hanging decorations are going back up after the paint job, leave the nail or hook in place and we paint around it. If you are not putting the picture or decoration back up, please pull the nail or hook out of the wall and we will patch the holes prior to painting.
- Move all furniture at least 3 feet away from the walls if you are able. If you are not able, we will move these items for you. SPS is not at fault if any property damage occurs during this process.
- If possible, please clean any dirty or dusty walls, ceiling or trim work with a dry duster or rag (no chemicals).
- Client must be available on the last day of the project for a thorough walk-through with the crew leader and to settle up any remaining balance due.
6. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY – EXTERIOR
- Work areas should be free of clutter.
- Remove any hanging decorations (wind chimes, decor, etc.) from the exterior of your home.
- Move all furniture, grills, lawn items, etc. at least 20 feet away from the exterior of your home if you are able. If you are not able, we will move these items for you. SPS is not at fault if any property damage occurs during this process.
- Suspend ALL YARD SERVICES for the duration of your scheduled paint job.
- Client must be available on the last day of the project for a thorough walk-around with the crew leader and settle up any remaining balance due.
7. WORK STANDARD
- Shepard Painting Solutions is an A+ rated member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and follows all proper work & safety protocol. We pride ourselves in superior craftsmanship that exceeds industry standards.
- Our technicians will arrive on time and have a professional appearance.
- Our technicians remain committed to each job until the project is fully complete.
- All SPS workers who enter your home or come onto your property are trained (or in training) employees of our company who have been drug tested and background checked in accordance with our company standards of excellence.
- Shepard Painting Solutions is a fully licensed and insured painting contractor operating in the state of Ohio. Please see our insurance information for details (available upon request).
9. SPS LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Shepard Painting Solutions lifetime warranty covers all workmanship or “labor” for life upon completion of the project. This warranty is not continuous or transferable to another party (ie if your home sells). All lifetime product warranties are subject to rules and regulations set in part by the Sherwin Williams company.
- SPS lifetime warranty excludes the following:
- Incidental damage caused by accident or abuse, normal or expected wear and tear, extreme temperature changes (hail, wind, snow, moisture etc.), and cracks caused by expansion.
- Painted or stained horizontal walking surfaces (deck surface, floors, or steps).
- By hiring Shepard Painting Solutions you are automatically agreeing to the terms, conditions, and client responsibilities outlined in this proposal, and you acknowledge that you have read and understand them.
- The client has the right to cancel the project at any time. Please notify us of your cancellation reason by email – which will act as a written record. Cancellations within a two-week window of the set start date of the job are subject to a “last minute cancellation” fee of 10% of the gross sale.
12. DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- Customer must pay a 50% deposit of total estimate price at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of the job. Your estimator will reach out to you to schedule a convenient day and time to collect said deposit. The project cannot begin until the deposit is paid.
- Deposit may be waived on jobs equal to or less than 1 day of work.
- The remainder of the total balance must be paid on the day of completion of your project.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Check (payable to: Shepard Painting Solutions), Debit or Credit Card (we do not charge fees for using a card), Cash (we do not offer discounts for cash payments).